Class teachers set weekly homework tasks on Seesaw which is an on-line platform. Children have the freedom and the flexibility to respond in a number of different ways. Tasks are often open ended, problem solving, practical tasks designed to reinforce or enhance the learning taking place in the classroom. We encourage parents to support and talk to their child about their learning as this dialogue reinforces understanding.
If you require additional resources for your child, please see the sites highlighted below.
Department For Education Coronavirus (Covid-19) List Of On-line Education Resources For Home Learning links relating to all areas of the curriculum as well as specialist resources for children with additional needs (SEND).
BBC Bitesize daily lessons are here! BBC Bitesize will publish 3 new lessons every weekday with videos, activities and more for all year groups. There is also a new dedicated TV channel full of learning content, podcasts on BBC Sounds and educational videos on iPlayer.
• The World of David Walliams, daily e-books
• Oxford Owl free e-books and linked games
• Crickweb English games and activities
• Key Stage 2 Literacy spelling rules
• Spellzone spelling rules and patterns
• Literacy Shed Plus literacy resources
• Literacy Counts free home learning packs
• Teach Your Monster To Read – Early Readers
• Phonics Bloom for 5-8 year olds (key stage 1+2)
• Mr MC Early Years
• Improve Key Reading Skills with Reading Vipers – Key Stage 1
• Spellingframe Spelling lists for each year group
• Top Marks spelling and grammar interactive website to practice spelling and grammar
• I see maths Daily home maths lessons
• Primary Stars Education Key Stage maths
• Snappy maths free worksheets
• The Maths Factor Carol Vorderman
• Maths Chase maths games
MFL (Modern Foreign Languages)
• Codecademy – Coding
• Tynker – Coding
• Blockly Games – Programming
• Scratch – Programming and Coding
• STEM Learning for maths, science and computing
Personal, Social and Health Education
• My Happy Mind is delivered to all children in school. Free parent kits are based on this course for you to use with your child at home. How to create a free user account allowing free access to the learning resources.
• Premier League Primary Stars fun activities to keep children active and learning at home
• BBC Teach Super Movers 20 minute active learning program
• Child Line Tool Box Calm Zone with activities, breathing exercises, yoga, games and videos to help you cope and express emotion
• Go Noodle free movement and mindfulness videos
• The Muddy Puddle Teacher activities for the outdoors, yoga and meditation
• Action For Happiness monthly calendars to support mindfulness
• Blissful Kids mindful games ideas
• New Horizon guided meditation for kids
• Mind advice and support on mental health and wellbeing